Skip to main content

Frosty Clouds

Hey guys!!

It's absolutely freezing here in Britain but it's a good excuse to put the fire on! Apparently we're in a 'BIG FREEZE' as if it's the end of the world!! That's pretty much how the UK reacts to any odd weather :) !!!

Anywho! I thought to go with the cold weather, I would do some suitably chilly nail art! So I hunted down all (well most...I have a rather large obsession with blue polish) of my blue nail polish and then sat and stared at it for a while. I seem to do this an awful LOT!! Ha ha!

But then I remebered these amazing mani's that I'd seen on nailside.com, in particular her cloud/ ruffle technique. I changed it up a bit by using a dotting tool instead of the polish brush in order to get more of a scalloped edge.


I didn't really have an exact image im my head so I pretty much layered on the blue polishes in random orders!! I used a large dotting tool to get a diagonal row of dots and then used the polish brush to bring the polish up to the top edge.



Finally I added some glitter (La Femme 'Fairy Dust') to a few nails in order to get a frosty look. I'm pretty happy with these overall, but I think next time I'd use cooler blues for a more wintry mani. These come across a bit too aqua and warm but I like the colour combo anyway!!

Thank you for reading :)

Comments

Favourites

Mooning Around In Lace

The Beauty That Is Striping Tape

Encounters Of The Triangular Kind