Skip to main content

The House Of Colour

Good Evening Sweetie Pies!!

I've been seeing a lot of these circular grid patterns all over the internet-I think they're so very cool!! So of course my first thought in a situation like this is 'PUT IT ON MY NAILS!'. Indeed that is what I did. Boo Ya.


I adore how the blue nails (pointer and pinkie) came out!! Crème polishes seemed to work best for this technique, the dots came out the size I wanted them. It was much harder to do this with the pearl/metallic polishes, the finish seemed to restrict the size of the dots.


I started with a couple of coats of House Of Colour 'Sea Green' on my middle, ring and thumb nails. On my other nails, I had a blue Saffron polish (no name-boo). Using a large dotting tool and Rimmel 'Pear Drops', I painted on dots in a grid-like pattern over the 'Sea Green'. I repeated this with Barry M 'Blueberry' over the blue Saffron. I left out a few random dots in order to make it more interesting. With a small dotting tool and Zoya 'Addison', I painted small dots inside each 'Pear Drops' larger dot (green nails). I repeated this with Orly 'Coachella Dweller' on the blue nails.


As much as I like these nails, I wish I had stuck with all crème polishes, it would have looked much better! Ah well, there's always a next time :)

Thanks for reading :)

Kayleigh

Comments

Favourites

The Beauty That Is Striping Tape

Encounters Of The Triangular Kind

Dipping A Toe Into The World Of Franken Polishes. . .