Skip to main content

Winter Camouflage

Hello Everybody!!

It is the month of Christmas and GLITTER!!!! I am way too excited. You can expect plenty of sparkly goodness coming your way soon :)

Yesterday I went to my first Christmas fair (yes in November, I'm hardcore!) and at the last minute decided I couldn't possibly go without a Christmas manicure. So this happened;


Certainly not my best work as it was very rushed and last minute but it did the job! I had to take these photos in the car on the way and actually at the fair so they're not too great ha ha!


I started by painting all my nails with Rimmel 'Camouflage' which is a perfect Christmas tree colour, yay! It's practically a one coater too which is pretty damn good for a £4 nail polish! Rimmel continue to produce some great nail polishes which are especially good for nail art.


Using my striper brush and China Glaze 'Glistening Snow', I painted on some thin curving lines to represent tinsel or beaded ropes. 'Glistening Snow' is by far my go to polish at this time of year, it screams Christmas! I especially like to use it for some of the more frosty type manicures, its perfect :)


I then used a large dotting tool and China Glaze 'Dandy Lyin Around' to dot in some 'ornaments' along the silver strings. I also used my striping brush to elongate some of the dots to make different shaped ornaments. Finally, I finished it all off with a thick coat of Essie 'Good To Go'.

As I said it's not that great but it's not that bad either! It's given me a fantastical idea for another bit of Christmas nail art :)

Thanks for reading!

Kayleigh :)

Comments

Favourites

Mooning Around In Lace

The Beauty That Is Striping Tape

Inspiration: Cozy Autumn