Skip to main content

Zebra Undone

A Big Hello To You All!!

As strange as it sounds, I think I've only ever done one animal print manicure in the entire time I've been doing nail art! Don't get me wrong, I love these prints on other people but somehow it's just not me...

After much musing and thinking, I came up with the idea of doing a kind of deconstructed zebra print instead! Here's how it turned out;

 
I started by painting all my nails (except my accent nail) in OPI 'Wooden Shoe Like To Know?'. I adore this colour, the shimmer adds so much depth to an already lovely brown.
 

On my ring finger, I used Zoya Pixie Dust in 'Nyx' for a super sparkly accent nail!! It took 3 coats to get to full opacity but the pay-off is just so amazing that I don't mind!! I can't wait to see if Zoya brings out any new Pixie Dusts this year :)


I used a striping brush to paint in the wavy zebra-like lines in different colours on the rest of my nails. The polishes I used are; Orly 'Nite Owl' (taupe), OPI 'My Vampire Is Buff' (beige), OPI 'I Have A Herring Problem' (blue-grey) and OPI 'That's Berry Daring!' (bright blue).

 
Once everything was completely dry, I went over the entire manicure with Essie 'No Chips Ahead' (with rather a lot on my ring finger!). Simples!!
 

I am so in love with this manicure, the colours are right up my street and it's just flipping gorgeous!! Can't wait to try this effect in different colours!!

Thanks for reading,

Kayleigh :)

Comments

Favourites

Mooning Around In Lace

The Beauty That Is Striping Tape

Encounters Of The Triangular Kind