Skip to main content

Colours Of Ibiza

Hey There!

When the OPI Sheer Tints first came out I may have gotten a tad over excited...ahem. I really like the idea behind them and so bought a mini set as soon as I spotted them online!

But then I was stumped.

I had no idea where to begin and had to fight an urge to just plonk them on my nails any old how. So, for my next few manicures I have challenged myself to use these babies in some interesting nail art......


Originally when I did this manicure, I used Essie 'Blanc' as my base colour on all my nails but it just looked too stark and wrong. So I removed that and used China Glaze 'Dandy Lyin' Around' instead. MUCH better :)


Over this shimmery goodness, I painted two coats of Models Own Hedkandi 'Ibiza Mix'. This is a fun, summery glitter topper made up of metallic light yellow gold, orange/copper, lavender and turquoise hex glitters. The suspension base is quite runny so I found it best to dab it on!
 

Now for those Sheer Tints!! Unfortunately, my mini bottles don't have the individual names on them so I'll just refer to them by colour. The set includes all of them; a yellow, magenta, bright blue and a purple. They are all clear and of a pure hue so overlapping them doesn't get all muddy!


Using the nail polish brush, I swept the polishes on in random diagonal and vertical lines. I switched between each colour quite often in order to get a more diverse look. I love how you can build up the colour easily as they are so quick drying! I also added a coat of Essie 'Good To Go' to smooth things out a bit more.


Ah, this is SO colourful and sparkly! Perfect for the sunny weather we're having!! My only gripe was that as these are actually top coats, layering makes the manicure quite thick. But the prettiness did distract me from that so it's only minor :)

Thanks for reading!!

Kayleigh :)

Comments

Favourites

Mooning Around In Lace

The Beauty That Is Striping Tape

Encounters Of The Triangular Kind