Skip to main content

Berrylicious

Evening Everyone!

I am fully immersing myself in Autumnal activities and absolutely loving it!! Although I have discovered that most of it involves food and drink in some form or another....chai tea, caramel chocolate, giant marshmallows and ripe plums to name a few!

I'm not even sorry.


I used a Liberty Art Fabrics print as my inspiration as it was pretty close to what I had in mind. I found the white background a bit too stark though so I used Essie 'Sand Tropez' on my (non-accent) nails instead! I think it warms up the whole pattern :)


On my accent nails, I used Rimmel 'Total Eclipse' from their Space Dust collection. Now, my camera completely freaked out at this colour! It's a textured polish made up of turquoise shimmer in a blackened base. In person, the shimmer causes the polish to appear dark green/teal in colour not black like my photos are showing!


Using my smallest detail brush, I painted on basic berries using the following polishes; Barry M 'Peach Melba' (light peach), Barry M 'Grapefruit' (pink coral), Essie 'The Girls Are Out' (purple orchid) and Essie 'Style Hunter' (crimson). I also added in the details using the same nail polishes.


I used 17 'Sulk' and my thinnest striping brush to paint on the stems and leaves. Then I dabbed Rimmel 'Total Eclipse' onto a few leaves for added sparkle!! Finally, I topcoated the whole manicure with Essie 'Good To Go'. I don't usually topcoat my textured accent nails but this time I wanted to bring out the beautiful shimmer a bit more.


Once I'd finished these, I couldn't decide whether I actually liked them or not!! But they've grown on me and now I like how the dark accent nails give the whole manicure an almost vampy kind of look. Perfect for October!

Thanks for reading!!

Kayleigh :)

Comments

Favourites

The Beauty That Is Striping Tape

Encounters Of The Triangular Kind

Dipping A Toe Into The World Of Franken Polishes. . .