Skip to main content

And Make It Evergreen

Hey!

Tonight, I have a new manicure inspired by Christmas wreaths :) Every year, my Mum and I go to our local wreath-making workshop and make a new wreath for the front door. I always enjoy seeing everyone's interpretation and different use of the same materials!

So, I decided to use this for my nail art by painting different variations of wreaths on each nail;


I started the manicure with Barry M 'Almond' on my non-accent nails and Essie 'Sable Collar' on my accent nails. I love these two colours together!


I marked out where I wanted each wreath with my smallest detail brush and Barry M 'Cappuccino'. Then, using the same brush, I added in the evergreen foliage on my 'Almond' nails with Barry M 'Watermelon'.


I added foliage detail (over the evergreen) with Rimmel 'Camouflage' (metallic green) and Sinful Colors 'Call You Later' (green glitter). I did the same on my accent nails using Nubar 'Reclaim' (holo green), Zoya 'Midori' (pistachio shimmer) and Sinful Colors 'Call You Later'.


For the red berries, I used a small dotting tool and Barry M 'Passion Fruit' (coral red), Essie 'Snap Happy' (bright red) and Champneys 'Ruby' (metallic red). Using a striping brush, I painted on the two bows in Essie 'Blanc' first, followed by 'Ruby' (thumb) and 'Passion Fruit' (middle nail). I also added in small gold details with 17 'Fury'. Finally, I finished it off with Essie 'Good To Go'.


I think I'm happy with these but I'm not quite sure?! I can't work out what it is that's throwing me off so I'll just leave it :)

Thanks for reading!!

Kayleigh :)

Comments

Favourites

The Beauty That Is Striping Tape

Mooning Around In Lace

Encounters Of The Triangular Kind