Skip to main content

Splash Of Mustard

Good Afternoon!!

Today I've got a bit of a crazy manicure to show you! It's another interpretation of Ashley Goldberg's fantastic artwork but I'm not entirely sure that the two patterns that I've chosen actually go together. I'll let you decide :)


Above, are the two prints that I decided to use as inspiration. I really like the colour pairing of the hot pink and yellow mustard, which was a surprise to me as I usually avoid this kind of yellow like the plague!


I first painted most of my nails in Revlon Parfumerie 'African Tea Rose', a bright hot pink with very subtle blue/pink shimmer. As this nail polish is part of the Parfumerie range, it's scented; a lovely tropical floral perfume. It's a nice surprise every time my hand is near my face but not at all overpowering.

On my accent nails (thumb and ring) I used Butter London 'East End', a mustard yellow which dries to an interesting matte finish.


On the pink nails, I used a medium detail brush and China Glaze 'Dandy Lyin' Around' (shimmery translucent white) to paint loose splotches here and there. I then used Barry M 'Key Lime' (lime green) and Barry M 'Spring Green' (grass green) to add more splotches in clusters.


On my accent nail., I used the same brush to dab on various nail polishes randomly. I used the following colours; Barry M 'Key Lime', Essie 'Blanc' (white), Barry M 'Speed Demon' (shimmery pastel pink), Barry M 'Peach Melba' (light peach), Revlon 'Iconic' (dark grey) and Barry M 'Grapefruit' (pink coral) mixed with white to make a light pinkish coral. Rather a lot of polishes!!


Once the manicure was completely dry, I used Essie 'Good To Go' on all my nails. Although looking at the photos now, I'm kinda curious to know what this manicure would have looked like matte...


As I said earlier, I don't know that I like this pattern pairing :( I love the colours though so I didn't mind wearing this manicure too much!!

Thanks for reading!

Kayleigh :)



Comments

Favourites

The Beauty That Is Striping Tape

Mooning Around In Lace

A New Found Friend