Skip to main content

The Last Night

Evening People!

In my last post, I showed you my Christmas nail art. Well today, I've got my New Year's manicure for you! I'm not really that big on New Year celebrations so I wanted to keep my nail art casual but still celebratory :)


I decided to do confetti inspired nail art over a glitter creme base. So I started the manicure by painting all my nails in Lacquerhead Polish 'What Happened Last Night' (mainly for the name, ha!). This is a white creme with small cobalt blue and light purple hex and square glitters. There are some lilac stars mixed in too but you can't really see them as the base covers them up :(


Once this was dry, I painted on a coat of Essie 'Good To Go' to smooth over some of the stars. Then, using a small dotting tool and Jessica 'Kensington Rose' (pearlescent pink), I started to add clusters of dots to each nail.


I carried on adding to these clusters (using the same dotting tools) with Barry M 'Silver Foil' (metallic silver) and China Glaze 'Exceptionally Gifted' (pearlescent shell pink). I tried to fan out the clusters of dots so that they would look like thrown confetti.


I then added a few accent colours for a bit of variety using Zoya 'Tracie' (light pistachio green with fine silver shimmer) and 17 'Fury' (metallic dark brass). Once I was happy with the overall look, I added a coat of Essie 'Good To Go'.


Strangely, I actually prefer how these look at arms length, kind of like an abstract version of opals! And they definitely looked like a party on my nails so they were just right for the occasion :)

Thanks for reading!

Kayleigh :)

Comments

Favourites

The Beauty That Is Striping Tape

Mooning Around In Lace

Encounters Of The Triangular Kind