Skip to main content

Pastel Winter

Hello People!

So far, this Winter has been pretty mild with a distinct lack of ice and snow. Much to my disappointment :( Some of the most beautiful days at this time of year are those with crisp, sunny weather and frosty, iced landscapes! So to console myself, I decided to do a snowflake inspired manicure :)


First, I painted all my nails with Barry M 'Chai', a medium grey creme from their Gelly range. My god, this nail polish is stunning. Practically a one coater, smooth formula and SO shiny. I love it.


On my accent nails, I added layers of Kleancolor 'I Do, Romeo' (matte white hex glitter) and Black Cat Lacquer 'Let Them Eat Cake' (small pastel silk hex glitter) until I was happy with the coverage.


I wasn't in the mood to paint anything really detailed so I went for a more painterly/abstract look! I used a thin striping brush to paint on some random snowflakes in the following colours; Barry M 'Mist' (matte/silk pastel blue), Barry M 'Heather' (matte/silk lilac) and Barry M 'Pearl' (matte/silk soft white).


Once that was dry, I added some details here and there. I used a medium dotting tool and Barry M 'Lady' (pearlescent white texture) to add a few dots. I also hand placed some of the white hex glitters from Kleancolor 'I Do, Romeo'. To finish it off, I added a couple of coats of Essie 'Good To Go' to smooth everything over.


This manicure didn't end up quite how I imagined but I rather like the end result anyway. Maybe even more than what I actually had in mind! The pastel nail polishes came out pretty subtle so these photos don't show them that well :( They're so pretty in person!

Thanks for reading!

Kayleigh :)

Comments

Favourites

The Beauty That Is Striping Tape

Mooning Around In Lace

A New Found Friend