Skip to main content

Sun-kissed Aztec

Hello Nail Art Lovers!!

Apparently, this is what Spring looks like in 2013....


Yes, your eyes are not deceiving you, that is snow burying my poor daffodils :(.
Snow in MARCH. Say What??? Is anyone else having wacky weather?

Anyway, let's move on to the nail art!!

Recently, I've been playing around with ways of creating interesting manicures while only using the nail polish brush. Here's one of the ideas I came up with!


The technique is very similar to the Nailside's cloud/ruffle manicures, just in a different arrangement. So simple and yet it produces a whole new look! It kind of reminds me of an Aztec pattern, love it!


Using the nail polish brush (with the excess wiped off), just paint one line from about halfway down your nail, to the free edge. Then add two shorter (I went for half of the middle line) strips, one either side of the first. And that's it!! You can go for as many layers and colour combinations as you want!! I'm excited to see what sort of look other combos give the overall mani :).

Due to our dismal weather, I wanted something bright and sunny to make me smile! China Glaze 'Sun-kissed' does exactly that. SO so bright. I also used China Glaze 'Dress Me Up' and Rimmel 'Pear Drop'. Finally, I used Essie 'Out The Door' topcoat. I really adore these colours together, they look so chic.

What do you think of this technique, yay or no?

Thanks so much for reading,

Kayleigh.

Comments

Favourites

A Pastel Easter

The Ladybird Factor

Beachcomber