Skip to main content

Blossom Skies

Hello Everyone!

The manicure that I'm showing you today is probably one of my most favourite pieces of nail art that I've done in quite a while! I loved wearing it and was pretty sad when it started to chip off :(

One of the thing's that I most look forward to in Spring is the flowering of the Cherry blossom. Especially on a sunny day with blue skies, when the soft breezes carry swathes of delicate, pastel pink petals across the landscape. So pretty :)


I started my blossom inspired manicure by painting all my nails in Barry M 'Mist', from their Silk collection. This is a gorgeous shimmery matte pastel blue nail polish which changes tone slightly at different angles. Such a subtle but interesting polish!

(It's a little bit more aqua leaning than these photos show though.)


I first painted on the cherry blossom branches using Essie 'It's Genius' (russet brown with gold shimmer) and a small detail brush. I wanted a more painterly look to this manicure so kept the brushstrokes loose and delicate. On my pinkie and index fingers, I painted a slightly more close-up version for a bit of interest.


I added a few budding leaves here and there along the branches using Barry M 'Key Lime' (bright lime green). Then I started blocking in the rough shapes of each flower using a mixture of  Essie 'Just Stitched' (matte pastel pink with pink/purple shimmer) and Essie 'Blanc' (white creme).


Then I added more colour and form to the petals using the watercolour technique ('watering' the polish down with Orly Nail Polish Thinner) and Essie 'The Girls Are Out' (fuchsia/magenta with tiny silver flakes). I also added a few touches of Essie 'Just Stitched' for a bit more pastel pink.

Lastly I painted in the flower centres using Zoya 'Blaze' (dark pink with holo shimmer) and topcoated with Essie 'Good To Go'.


Ah, I adore these so very much! They came out exactly how I wanted and were really pretty easy to do. Love it when that happens! I think floral manicures are my favourite :)

Thanks for reading!

Kayleigh :)

Comments

Favourites

Mooning Around In Lace

The Beauty That Is Striping Tape

Encounters Of The Triangular Kind