Skip to main content

My Brown Summer

Evening Everybody!!

As my last manicure was so bright, I decided to go with a more neutral and elegant manicure for the next one! I also love contrasting matte and shiny polishes, it's much more subtle than the whole texture trend but gives a nod towards it. And it looks super cool!!

 
 
Aw, I'm totally in love with this look! It makes my hands look amazingly elegant and posh. It helps that I'm on a brown and nude kick at the moment (or maybe forever....)!!

 
 
I started off with a couple of coats of Rimmel 'Posh Trash' which is a gorgeous colour!! Very flattering and work friendly. I then used a coat of Rimmel 'Matte Finish' to get that lovely softly burnished look! Mattifying frosted or metallic polishes always works really well and produces a pretty noticeable effect. After this was properly dry, I used OPI 'Wooden Shoe Like To Know?' to paint half of each nail. I say half but in some cases it was slightly more-woops. I then used Essie 'Good To Go' over the OPI just to add to the shine. Finally, with Barry M 'Copper' and a striping brush, I painted thin lines down the centre of each nail. And ta-dah!! DONE.
 
 
Check out all that shimmer, isn't it so so pretty?? This nail art is so easy to do, you just need a bit of time to wait for each layer to dry. Simples! And it looks really striking, always a good thing!! I love to try it out in different colours and polish finishes.
 
Thanks for reading :)
 
Kayleigh

Comments

Favourites

A Pastel Easter

The Ladybird Factor

Beachcomber