Skip to main content

Branch Out

Hello Everybody!!

One of my favourite themes for nail art is Nature, in particular anything involving plants; flowers, trees, leaves and fruit to name a few. So for my next manicure, I decided to paint some pine branches featuring both needles and pine cones!


I decided to use Essie 'Sable Collar' on my non-accent nails which is just such a lovely velvety brown. :) On my accent nails (index and pinkie), I used Zoya 'Vespa' to add a frosted evergreen element to the manicure.


I based my design off of this beautiful pattern which I found on Pinterest. I changed the colour scheme to better suit what I had in mind; mostly dark greens and pink toned browns.

To start, I used my striping brush and Butter London 'All Hail The Queen', to paint on the branches with loose, horizontal strokes.


For the pine needles, I used my small detail brush to paint on thin strokes in different tones of green. I started with a mix of Essie 'Blanc' and OPI 'Jade Is The New Black' (dark green), followed by Zoya 'Tracie' (pistachio green), Zoya 'Vespa' (textured silvery green) and OPI 'Jade Is The New Black'.


For the pine cones, I first lightly painted the basic outline on with China Glaze 'Dress Me Up' (light pinkish brown). I then dabbed on 'Dress Me Up' inside the outlines in small crescent moon shapes using my smallest detail brush. Once all the cones were done, I cleaned up the details with Essie 'Sable Collar'. I finished these nails with Essie 'Good To Go'.


I'm really proud of these nails and can't quite believe that I managed to pull them off! The detail of the pine cones intimidated me quite a bit so I'm glad I gave it a go anyway. :)

Thanks for reading!!

Kayleigh :)

Comments

Favourites

A Pastel Easter

The Ladybird Factor

Beachcomber