Skip to main content

Stone Of Magic

Good Evening Peoples!!

According to the lore of the Inuit culture, the mineral Labradorite came to be when it fell from the frozen fires of the Aurora Borealis and is known as the 'Stone of Magic'. It's such a beautiful shimmery stone, I can see where this comes from!! I'm really into geology, especially the mineralogy and for a while now I've wanted to make some franken polishes along that theme. Labradorite is my favourite mineral so it was always going to be the first!!


Here's an example of this stunner of a mineral!! The colours shift as the stone is moved but it's mostly made up of a petrol blue/turquoise colour with flashes of golden yellow, lime green, aqua and steely grey. Isn't it AMAZING?!! Yes, I'm a geek :)


I used a mixed base of Seche Vite topcoat, a blue iridescent shimmer polish and a sheer teal blue polish (they were old nail polishes so I've no idea what they are?!). I added gold and aqua micro glitter to begin with. Then I added glitter mixes (made up of a mindblowing amount of different shapes including diamonds, stars, moons and squares!) in aqua, holographic silver and metallic granite. Finally, I added a whole bunch of large granite circle glitters!! I know! I think I might have added some mixed glitter in lime green but it must be at the bottom of the bottle.....


It is so stonking hard to take decent photos of these kind of glitters!! GRRRR!! In real life, the petrol blue shimmer is much more prominent and the whole thing is a brighter teal. But you get the gist right??


Here you can see some of the different shapes, like the diamond on my ring finger. I like how the granite glitter shows up against the teal polish, it really is beautiful-whish you could see it properly!! I layered one and a half coats of 'Labradorite' over Barry M 'Watermelon' as the formulae is pretty thick and I didn't want it to get a big fat lumpy mess!


By far my favourite are those banging circle glitters- I have a few on my thumb and seriously cannot stop staring at it and wiggling it around in the light. HA! Overall, I like how it came out but as I only had a mini bottle handy, the stirring was really difficult. I'm guessing that the glitter combination is going to alter as I work my way through the bottle!

Thanks for reading;

Kayleigh :)

Comments

Favourites

The Beauty That Is Striping Tape

Mooning Around In Lace

Encounters Of The Triangular Kind