Skip to main content

In The Tropics

Hey You Guys!

Firstly, sorry about the very intermittent posts, I've been ill for the last couple of weeks and unable to paint my nails- catastrophe! :( I'm doing better now though, so I will try to get back to more regular posting!! Here's some nice bright, cheerful nail art for you;

 
I started with Revlon 'Zealous' on my middle, ring and thumb nails and Barry M 'Key Lime' on my pinkie and pointer nails. The 'Key Lime' is much brighter in person than the photo looks! I then used Essie 'Blanc' to paint basic leaf shapes over 'Zealous' in different sizes. Then, using Zoya 'Rory' (pink), Barry M 'Cyan' (blue) and Barry M 'Key Lime' (green), I filled in some of the leaf shapes and outlined others. On my two accent nails, I used some loose glitter from the Born Pretty Store. I'd originally bought these to make my own glitter nail polishes but they're so sheer the colour leeches out-boo! They're really easy to use in nail art though so I'm fine with it now! I painted a strip of Barry M 'Topcoat' at the top end of the nail and then dabbed on the small yellow hex glitter with a damp brush. I repeated this step lower down on the nail with the larger pink circle glitter. The sheerness of these makes them look green on my nails but they're still pretty! I then added a thin strip of Barry M 'Cyan' as a French tip on my pinkie and pointer nails in order to bring it all together. Finished with quite a bit of Barry M 'Topcoat'!
 

I think these nails look so tropical and pretty! I love the mix of glitter, shimmer and crème- it gives a really cool subtle texture. the only downside of these beauties is that I am now covered in glitter. Seriously, it's like when you get back from the beach and you're like- 'how on earth did the sand end up there??'. Love these anyway though :)

Thanks for reading,

Kayleigh

Comments

Favourites

The Beauty That Is Striping Tape

Mooning Around In Lace

Dipping A Toe Into The World Of Franken Polishes. . .