Skip to main content

Striped Geometry

A Good Evening To You!!

After doing nail art for over a year now, I've realised that I have a rather large penchant for geometric designs. I. Just. Love. Them. Don't get me wrong, I like doing other designs but there's just something about geometric shapes. I think it may be that they look so clean and crisp, striking even. And they also make a manicure look much harder and detailed than they really are- Boo YA!!


I started by painting all my nails with OPI 'My Vampire Is Buff', such a great colour! I used a huuuuge amount of nail polishes for the next bit- sixteen in fact!

On my middle finger, I used China Glaze 'Pink-ie Promise', Barry M 'Dragonfruit'Essie 'The Girls Are Out' and my super duper striping brush to paint randomly shaped triangles. Then I used Jessica 'Kensington Rose' and a fuchsia pink Marks and Spencer nail polish to paint on triangular outlines over the top.
On my ring finger, I used Barry M polishes in 'Key Lime', 'Spring Green' and 'Watermelon' to paint squares and rectangles. Then, using Nubar 'Reclaim' and Zoya 'Midori', I painted on square outlines.
On my thumb, I painted on some ovals and circles (sort of) in Barry M 'Cyan Blue', OPI 'That's Berry Daring' and Orly 'Boho Bonnet'. I then painted on the oval and circular outlines in Essie 'Coat Azure' and Barry M 'Blueberry'. Phew!!


I decided to leave my pointer and pinkie nails as accent nails. I used all the same polishes as the solid shapes and yes you guessed it, my striping brush to paint colourful stripes on them. I am SO proud of these stripes!! It's the first time that I've got them looking so straight and thin- Infinity Woop!!!


I absolutely ADORE these nails, they came out just how I wanted :) Although, I will say that painting circles and ovals with a brush is much much harder than I thought but I think they turned out sort of ok?? Maybe?

Thanks for reading!

Kayleigh :)

Comments

Favourites

The Beauty That Is Striping Tape

Mooning Around In Lace

A New Found Friend