Skip to main content

A Touch Of Scandal

Hello Hello!!

The last week or so, we've been decorating up a storm!! We like to have colour co-ordinated decorations in a few rooms- blue, pink, purple and silver in the lounge and red, gold and a touch of green in the entryway and hallway! I was really influenced by all the beautiful swooping arcs of beads, tinsel and ribbon so of course you can see where this is going......


The base colour is a couple of coats of Revlon 'Scandalous' (otherwise known as 'Facets Of Fuchsia'), a lovely dark nail polish with depth and sparkle! The first coat goes on really patchy but surprisingly the second coat smoothes it out totally.


To represent the swoops of tinsel and whatnot, I decided to use silver, purples and blues to go with the base colour. I used my trusty thin striper brush and a variety of nail polishes to paint random arcs and curves on each nail. The polishes I used were: Essie 'Beyond Cozy' (silver), Essie 'Splash Of Grenadine' (pinky lilac), Essie 'Coat Of Azure' (blue), China Glaze 'Pink-ie Promise' (rose pink) and Rimmel 'Pear Drop' (minty blue).


Finally, I covered it all in Essie 'No Chips Ahead', their chip-free topcoat. I really love Essie 'Good To Go' as it doesn't smudge nail art and it produces a great shiny barrier. However, my bottle is nearly gone and is just a great big gobby mess.

Boots have a great Essie range so I thought I'd try a different one in the hope it wouldn't turn gloopy halfway through the bottle. 'No Chips Ahead' is such a complete let down- it took two coats to get it shiny and smooth, and produces loads of tiny bubbles even with a thin coat. GRRRRRRR!!


So yeah, apart from the stupid topcoat, I LOVED this manicure!! It's so sparkly and pretty!! Even though it's not your usual Christmas nail art, I like it so much I don't care!!!! HA!

Thanks for reading!

Kayleigh :)

Comments

Favourites

A Pastel Easter

The Ladybird Factor

Beachcomber