Skip to main content

Scorching Summer

Hey There People!

I am sure that I am not alone in being totally excited about the prospect of a long hot Summer this year (pretty please Universe??)! In fact my family and I insisted on having a barbecue this past Bank Holiday despite the fact that it was raining...we're getting a bit desperate :) Hurry up Summer!


So seeing as the weather was refusing to cooperate, I fell back to Plan B: a scorching hot manicure of course! Initially I planned on using neon nail polish over my bronzey base but it just looked completely gross. I couldn't subject you to that, it would be mean.

This is what I came up with the second time round :)


I started with a base of Champneys 'Chestnut' which always makes me think of a hot beach somewhere whenever I look at it! As this polish is a metallic with hints of frost, it came out brushstrokey.

But a fellow blogger came to my rescue! Fashion Polish has discovered a way to get rid of those icky lines-yay! Her technique also smoothes out bubbles and minor dents (at least it did with me). Amazing, I know.


Then using the dry-brush technique, I painted a gradient with Barry M 'Copper'. I also dabbed a bit of the polish at the base of each nail to add to the gradient effect. These fine glitter nail polishes work so well for this, I can't get enough!


I added to the glitter gradient with Revlon 'Sequins', a multi-sized cool gold glitter topper. I found it best to wipe the excess off the brush and then use the glitter pieces that had collected in the neck of the bottle. Most of the liquid runs down so you can apply plenty of glitter without it getting thick! I finished it off with Champneys 'Top & Base Coat'.



To me, this is such a Summery manicure and I loved wearing it!! I'm planning on trying this nail art in other colour combinations too.

Thanks for reading!!

Kayleigh :)

Comments

Favourites

The Beauty That Is Striping Tape

Mooning Around In Lace

Inspiration: Cozy Autumn