Skip to main content

Quench Your Thirst

Hello Everyone!!

For the last few days I've been debating whether or not to post this manicure. I'm not too pleased with it, so many things went wrong and it didn't come out how I'd imagined AT ALL!! But this blog is a documentation of my progress in nail art so here you go;


I was inspired by the bright, fruity images in my last Inspiration post and decided to paint various citrus slices on my nails! Note to self: actually look at an image of sliced fruit while painting them!!


I used a lot of different nail polishes so I'll break it down by finger! I started with my pinkie nail and finished with my thumb (you can actually see my progress nail by nail, ha ha!!).

On my pointer nail (lemon), I started with 17 'Sherbet Lemon', a very pale yellow. Using my thinnest striping brush and Barry M 'Coconut', I filled in the pith. Then I framed the nail in Revlon 'Zealous' for the rind. I added a bit of shimmer to the segments with Seventeen (17) Juicy Neons 'Yellow'.


On my middle nail (lime) I used Orly 'Coachella Dweller' and then Barry M 'Coconut' again to do the pith. I used my striping brush to frame the nail with Barry M 'Spring Green'. I added shimmer to the segments using W7 'Mojito'.

On my ring finger (grapefruit) I used China Glaze 'Strike A Rose' for my base colour and again Barry M 'Coconut' to fill in the pith. For the rind, I used Barry M 'Yellow' and Orly 'Elation Generation' dabbed on the segments.


On my pinkie nail (orange) I used Barry M 'Tangerine' as my base. I mixed a tiny drop of this with Barry M 'Coconut' to paint the pith around the segments. I then framed the nail with Barry M 'Block Orange'.

Finally, on my thumb (blood orange) I used Zoya 'Blaze', followed by Barry M 'Coconut' again for the pith. I framed the circle of segments with Essie 'Meet Me At Sunset'. I smoothed out all the nails with Essie 'Good To Go' before adding a matte topcoat to make it look better (ha!).


Yeah, these are just meh- not impressed!! The main problems were that I made the pith too thick and didn't paint in enough segments. At least I know what to do next time!!

Thanks for reading!

Kayleigh :)

Comments

Favourites

Mooning Around In Lace

The Beauty That Is Striping Tape

Encounters Of The Triangular Kind