Skip to main content

That Nordic Style

Happy New Year Everyone!!

I've gotten a bit behind on my posts due to a slight nail mishap... During the frivolities of Christmas Day, I broke the nail on my index finger quite badly and then had to wait for it to grow a bit before I could continue with my Christmas nail art. The perils of being a nail art blogger!! Ha ha!!


I started the manicure off with China Glaze 'Watermelon Rind' on my non-accent nails and Orly 'Nite Owl' on my accent nails (thumb and ring).


Over 'Watermelon Rind', I painted on a coat of L.A. Girl 'Speckle' which instantly turned the whole manicure totally Christmassy!

On my accent nails, I decided to paint some detailed Nordic style patterns. I started by painting two fat horizontal stripes on each accent nail with Essie 'Sand Tropez' (pale nude), Barry M 'Bright Red', (red crelly), Essie 'Blanc' (white) and OPI 'Jade Is The New Black' (dark green).


I then used a thin striping brush and added in thin horizontal stripes using the following nail polishes; Revlon 'Spidey Sense' (orange-red shimmer), China Glaze 'Exotic Encounters' (evergreen), Barry M 'Copper' (bronze/copper glass fleck), Barry M 'Bright Red', OPI 'Jade Is The New Black' (dark green) and Essie 'Blanc'.


Then I used a tiny detail brush that I'd cut down to add in some abstract details using Essie 'Sand Tropez', Revlon 'Spidey Sense' and Barry M 'Bright Red'. I finished it all off with Essie 'Good To Go'.


I quite like the simplicity of these (well kind of simple) and they fit in with the festive season perfectly! This manicure is my last Christmas themed nail art but I've still got a New Year's Eve manicure to show you :)

Thanks for reading!!

Kayleigh :)

Comments

Favourites

A Pastel Easter

The Ladybird Factor

Beachcomber