Skip to main content

A Cacti Party

Hello Everybody!!

Firstly, who else is happy to see the first signs of Spring?!! At last! Purple and pale yellow crocuses are budding and the garden is covered in swathes of snowdrops :)

For today's manicure I've been inspired by a rather cute print I found on Pinterest by DahlHouseInteriors on Etsy. I like the youthful and fresh feeling it has; perfect for a Spring manicure!


I chose colours that were more in keeping with my succulent inspiration (see my last post), but they were pretty close already!

I started the manicure with Barry M 'Countess' (accent nails) which is an absolutely stunning deep purple textured nail polish. It's so sparkly!


On my other nails, I used Rimmel 'Peppermint' followed by a couple of coats of OPI 'Don't Burst My Bubble' in order to lighten and mute the bright aqua.


Using the polish brushes, I dabbed on random splotches of colour, using the following nail polishes; Barry M 'Elderberry' (light grey toned blue), Barry M 'Spring Green' (bright medium green), Barry M 'Key Lime' (yellow toned green) and Essie 'It's Genius' (dark mauve with gold shimmer).


Using my finest detail brush and Nails Inc 'Savile Row' (dark purple crelly), I painted on small but rough cacti sketches over a couple of the splotches on each nail. I finished it with a coat of Essie 'Good To Go' on the non accent nails.


This manicure is quite different from what I would normally do but it's just so very cute!! And the colours make me happy and longing for warmer weather :)

Thanks for reading!

Kayleigh :)

Comments

Favourites

A Pastel Easter

The Ladybird Factor

Beachcomber