Skip to main content

Echeveria

Hello There!

How lovely is the weather today?!! In the UK anyway :) After weeks of waiting for Spring to appear, it seems to have happened overnight! Daffodils, primroses and tulips are blooming and everywhere you look, there's a green shoot popping up. Makes me so happy!


To begin this manicure, I used China Glaze 'Keep Calm, Paint On' on all my nails. This nail polish is a lovely shimmery light mint colour but has an awful formula! Even after re-applying this polish a few times, it still became a bubbling mess. Luckily a couple of coats of matte nail polish sorted this out :)


For my background, I wanted a watercolour effect so I used nail polishes thinned down with Orly nail polish thinner. Then I used a soft brush to apply the polish randomly on each nail. I used the following nail polishes; Zoya 'Gemma' (olive green with slight blue shimmer), Orly Coachella Dweller' (light apple green), Barry M 'Key Lime' (lime green) and a touch of Revlon 'Zealous' (shimmery yellow).


Then I applied OPI 'Matte Topcoat' to all my nails in order to soften and further blend the colours. It also provided a nicer surface for my next step!

Using a very small detail brush and Essie 'It's Genius', I carefully painted on details of succulents and cacti to my non accent nails.


On my accent nails, I decided to brighten up the colours a bit and make the greens a bit stronger. So I went back over with slightly less diluted versions of the same nail polishes that I used before (see above). Then I added in very small touches of Barry M 'Mango' (soft orange) and OPI 'My Very First Knockwurst' (pink beige) using the same technique. For a bit of interest, I also added on a coat of La Femme 'Fairy Dust' followed by a final coat of OPI 'Matte Topcoat'.


I really love how these came out!! They're quite subtle for me but I enjoyed wearing something a bit different. I especially like the textural contrast between the soft matte background and the shiny details!

Thanks for reading!!

Kayleigh :)

Comments

Favourites

A Pastel Easter

The Ladybird Factor

Dipping A Toe Into The World Of Franken Polishes. . .