Skip to main content

Dawn Until Dusk

Evening Everyone!

Today, I have a simple but effective manicure to show you, inspired by Summer meadows in the rosy light of dawn or dusk. Rather than painting a realistic image, I decided to create more of an impression of those few moments when the sun is at a particular point in the sky. For once it came out just as I intended!


I started off by painting all my nails with Barry M 'Rosehip', a beautiful and refreshing pale pink. It's on the sheer side, but is actually rather lovely to paint with! Nice and creamy :)


Then, using a thin striping brush and Rimmel 'Euphoria', I painted in rough stems and grass for the background. 'Euphoria' is a sheer pink toned light brown colour with fine pink shimmer, making it perfect for the effect I had in mind! The sheerness means it's not overpowering so great for background foliage, and the shimmer gives the plant stems a rosy hued light.


Still using the striping brush, I added in a few more strokes here and there with China Glaze 'Dress Me Up' (pink toned taupe) and Zoya 'Addison' (musk pink with micro shimmer) to add a bit of definition and depth.


I painted in some larger, more detailed plant stems using Barry M 'Cappucino' (light taupe) on each nail and added in some shadow with Essie 'Sable Collar' (dusky dark brown with dark red shimmer).

Using a small detail brush, I dabbed on the flower buds using Zoya 'Addison' and China Glaze 'Pink-ie Promise' (rose pink with magenta shimmer). Finally, I used a coat of Essie 'Good To Go' to finish it off.


Despite the simplicity (for me anyway!) of this manicure, I'm rather in love with it. The nail art reminds me of long summer evenings and what's not to like about that?! It was also one of the easiest and quickest manicures that I've done in a while so that was a nice change :)

Thanks for reading!

Kayleigh :)

Comments

Favourites

The Beauty That Is Striping Tape

Mooning Around In Lace

Inspiration: Sheer Brights