Skip to main content

Celastrina Argiolus

Afternoon People!!

I am currently watching a bit of Wimbledon while typing out this post; Come on Murray! I'm not even that interested in tennis but always watch it during these special two weeks :)

Today's nail art is inspired by a really beautiful image that I found on Pinterest (obviously, where else?!). I decided to change the butterfly to a Holly Blue as I wasn't exactly sure what type of butterfly is in the original image but it's quite similar.


I started the manicure by painting all my nails with Barry M 'Peach Melba' (soft peach) followed by two coats of OPI 'I Theodora You' (sheer pale pink). Layering these two polishes allowed me to get the exact shade of peachy blush that I had in mind :)


On most of my nails (except my middle and ring nails) I then used Maybelline 'Bouquet', a clear glitter topper filled with matte white, matte pale pink and copper mixed hex glitter. I'ts very dainty and girly!


For my butterfly nails, I first roughly sketched in the foliage and butterflies with a striping brush and China Glaze 'Pink-ie Promise' (dusky rose). I then filled the butterflies in with Barry M 'Elderberry' (light dusky blue-grey) and a small detail brush.


I used a tiny detail brush to paint in all the shading and details on each butterfly with a variety of nail polishes. I mixed quite a few to get exact colours but these are the main nail polishes I used; Barry M 'Elderberry', Barry M 'Blueberry' (sky blue), Barry M 'Damson' (light royal blue), Revlon 'Iconic' (dark grey) and Essie 'Blanc' (white).


I then added a bit of detail to the foliage by using Barry M 'Rose Hip' (pastel pink) for highlights. I wanted the main focus to be on the butterflies themselves so I left it like that. Finally, I topcoated with Essie 'Good To Go'.

I'm so proud of these! They were pretty hard and very fiddly due to the tiny detail but totally worth the challenge in the end :)

Thanks for reading!

Kayleigh :)

Comments

Favourites

The Beauty That Is Striping Tape

Mooning Around In Lace

Inspiration: Cozy Autumn