Skip to main content

Old But New

A Good Evening To You!

A very belated post I'm afraid but I wanted to show you my Christmas Day manicure :) I've always loved the look of vintage ornaments as they remind me of my Grandma and happy Christmas holidays spent up north. So I decided to paint some pastel, super sparkly ornaments on each of my nails!


First, I painted all of my nails with Rimmel 'Your Majesty', a beautiful one-coat silver metallic nail polish. This polish surprised me with a fantastic formula and literally no chipping! Pretty great for a cheaper brand :)


For the ornaments, I first painted the overall shape of each ornament with my favourite striping brush and Essie 'Blanc', an opaque white creme.


Once this was dry, I added colour and detail using the following nail polishes; Zoya 'Rory' (rose pink with fine silver shimmer), Barry M 'Mist' (pastel blue pearl matte), Revlon Parfumerie 'Beachy' (gold/brass metallic) and Rimmel 'Pear Drop' (pearlescent turquoise).


I then added some sparkle to each ornament using China Glaze 'Glistening Snow' (silver holo micro-glitter), Barry M 'Silver Glitter' (fine silver glitter) and Barry M 'Lady' (iridescent white glitter texture). I finished the manicure off with two thick coats of Essie 'Good To Go'.


I'm not completely sure how I feel about this manicure. I used frosted and pearlescent nail polishes to get that old, dated finish of these type of vintage tree ornaments but I don't really like how they all look together. Doh! I did get a few compliments though so I kept them on through the holidays anyway :)

Thanks for reading!

Kayleigh :)


Comments

Favourites

A Pastel Easter

The Ladybird Factor

Beachcomber