Skip to main content

The Florist

Good Afternoon!

I'll be honest with you, today's manicure is not one of my best. Some things just don't translate well onto teeny weeny canvases! I was going for a kind of floral flat lay but it ended up getting overcrowded and messy looking. I'm posting it here anyway as there are some aspects that I really like :)


For the base of the manicure, I wanted a soft but bright white so I used China Glaze 'Dandy Lyin' Around' on all my nails. This is a beautiful, delicate nail polish but has a pretty problematic formula. It took over 4 coats to become opaque and had major bubbling :(


Once that was completely dry, I used a thin striping brush to paint in the flower stems and leaves on my non-accent nails. For this, I used the following greens; Barry M 'Key Lime' (lime green), Barry M 'Spring Green' (grass green) and China Glaze 'Highlight Of My Summer' (pastel neon green).

On my accent nails, I used KBShimmer 'Happily Ever Aster' which is a clear glitter topper made up of purple, lilac, periwinkle, cyan and white hex glitter in various sizes, accented with small holo glitter. So pretty!


Using a tiny detail brush, I started to paint in different flowers including daffodils, tulips, lilacs and hellebores. I painted in their basic shapes using Barry M 'On Your Marks' (light lemon yellow), Barry M 'Speed Demon' (light pink with silver shimmer), Barry M 'Prickly Pear' (pastel lavender) and Rimmel 'Lovey Dovey' (light purple).


I added detail and shape to each flower using the following colours; Barry M 'Dragon Fruit' (pink with silver shimmer), Barry M 'Berry Ice Cream' (pastel lilac), Rimmel 'Lovey Dovey'Missguided 'Missmatch' (orange) and a Sparkly Nails nail art striper in 'Yellow' (egg yolk yellow).

Once I was happy with how the manicure looked (sort of happy anyway!), I topcoated each nail with Essie 'Good To Go'.


Although I'm not too keen on the nail art, I do rather like the colour palette of the overall manicure! Purple, pink and yellow are such happy Spring colours :) If  I ever have another go at this manicure, I would definitely put a bit more thought and planning into the composition!

Thanks For Reading!

Kayleigh :)

Comments

Favourites

Mooning Around In Lace

The Beauty That Is Striping Tape

A New Found Friend