Skip to main content

Fields On Fields

Hello There!

It's been a while since I last posted, unfortunately life just seems to get in the way sometimes! Today, I've got my final Summer inspired manicure to show you. I hadn't painted my nails for so long that I was starting to get withdrawal! It felt really good to just get down and create something :)


I wanted to try out a colour-block manicure using striping tape as I've never done one before. I planned it all out beforehand so that I wouldn't end up a sticky, angry mess and I'm happy to say it worked!

I started by painting all my nails in Barry M 'Kiwi' which is a lovely bright jade green (less blue toned than in these photos) and a one-coater! It has a really great formula; buttery and smooth.


Using striping tape and OPI 'Jade Is The New Black' (dark fir green), I painted in large blocks of colour on each nail. I then did the same with Barry M 'Key Lime' (lime green) before adding a thin layer of topcoat.


Once that layer was completely dry, I started adding in the blocks of glitter (still using striping tape). For this I used the following nail polishes; Revlon 'Mayan Riviera' (emerald green texture/glitter with hints of pink, cobalt, gold  and silver hexes), W7 'Mojito' (intense lime green/gold shimmer) and Maybelline Color Show 'Boom Box Black' (black and neon pastel green glitter).


It was a bit tricky getting crisp edges with some of the bigger glitters as they dried rather quickly and pulled up with the tape. To combat this, I just painted in the edges of the glitter blocks and then filled them in after I'd removed the tape. Finally, I added a thick layer of Essie 'Good To Go'.


These were surprisingly easy to do, much easier than I'd imagined anyway. The only difficult thing was not overlapping the striping tape but that just needed a steady hand and patience! Surprisingly, I think my favourite nail is my middle one: I really like the simplicity of it :)

Thanks for reading!!

Kayleigh :)

Comments

Favourites

The Beauty That Is Striping Tape

Mooning Around In Lace

Encounters Of The Triangular Kind