Skip to main content

By Firelight

Evening Everyone!

Today, I have my final Autumn inspired manicure to show you :) I realise it's rather belated as Winter has fully entrenched itself but I wanted post it anyway!


I'm not sure if you can actually tell what this is meant to be... ha ha! I felt like doing something a bit challenging so I decided to paint an image of a campfire on my two accent nails. It was a lot trickier than I'd anticipated so I'm actually quite pleased with how it turned out :)


I started by painting all my nails with Essie 'Haute Tub' which is a black based nail polish filled with rose pink glass flecks. I was not expecting to love this polish as much as I do as I usually steer away from black. In fact I loved it so much that I wore it on it's own for a few days first (hence the big cuticle gap!).

Over my non-accent nails, I painted Lacquerhead Polish 'Witches Be Crazy' (orange metallic and holo hex glitter with a spattering of purple, cyan, emerald green, golden yellow and white hex glitter). I also added a few sweeps of China Glaze 'Luxe And Lush' (iridescent flakes/shards) here and there.


I used a small detail brush to paint most of the design, along with a tiny brush right at the end for the details.

For the logs I used the following nail polishes; Essie 'Sable Collar' (soft brown with pink/red shimmer), China Glaze 'Dress Me Up' (pink-toned nude/light brown) and Champneys 'Chestnut' (metallic bronze/copper). I also mixed a few of these polishes together to get the colours I wanted. For the darkest details, I used Essie 'Haute Tub' mixed with a tiny bit of Essie 'Sable Collar'.


For the fire, I used Butter London 'Brick Lane' (burnt orange), Barry M 'Mango' (bright orange) and Revlon 'Zealous' (soft lemon yellow with yellow shimmer). I layered and overlapped these colours until I was satisfied with how it looked. Then I dabbed on China Glaze 'Luxe And Lush' to add sparkle to the flames! Finally I topcoated with Essie 'Good To Go'.


These aren't the best nails I've ever done but I'm satisfied with how they look :) Now I just need to grow longer nails so that I have more room to paint on!

Thanks for reading!

Kayleigh :)

Comments

Favourites

The Beauty That Is Striping Tape

Mooning Around In Lace

Inspiration: Cozy Autumn