Skip to main content

Razzle Dazzle

Good Evening People!!

Today, I'm showing you my Christmas manicure for this year! I may have gone a tad crazy with the glitter and rhinestones... Oops! At least it's appropriately festive and sparkly :) And to be honest, if you can't get away with glitter overboard at this time of year, when can you?!


Glitter Mania!! Ha Ha!

I started the manicure by painting all my nails with Essie 'Lots Of Lux' which is the most beautiful royal blue textured glitter polish. It's so sparkly and the colour is crazy intense! Love it.


I then created a glittery crescent at each cuticle (like a ruffian manicure) using a small detail brush and China Glaze 'Glistening Snow' (silver holo micro-glitter). Once that was completely dry, I layered over Essie 'Beyond Cozy' (fine silver shimmer) and Orly 'Holy Holo!' (silver holo hex glitter).

I also painted on some thin 'ribbons' hanging down the nails with a tiny detail brush and Essie 'Beyond Cozy'.


Now for the fun part!

I swiped on a bit of Champneys 'Top Coat' in the general area and then applied rhinestones at the end of each 'ribbon', forming bauble-like shapes. I used a range of differently shaped gems in silver/clear, cobalt blue and aqua, from my stash of various nail art supplies!

This is actually really easy to do; with something to easily pick up the gems (I used a white pencil with a damp nib) and some patience that is :)


I wanted to wear this manicure for a few days so I used a very thick coat of Essie 'Good To Go' to seal it in. Hence all the bubbles... I'm just going to pretend that it's glitter!


Despite the impractical nature of this nail art, I absolutely LOVE it!! I just can't resist anything sparkly :)

A very Merry Christmas to you all and I'll see you in 2017!!

Thanks for reading!

Kayleigh :)

Comments

Favourites

The Beauty That Is Striping Tape

Mooning Around In Lace

Inspiration: Sheer Brights