Skip to main content

Circles Abound

Hellooooooooooo!!

Isn't amazing just how much you can do with a simple dotting tool??? They are such versatile tools and incredibly cheap too (especially on Amazon!!). You can create simple polka dots, flowers in various shapes, concentric circular designs, the possibilities really are endless! And they're really good used as starting points for other more complicated designs. Get. Some. NOW!!


I started this bright manicure with two gorgeous colours, it may have something to do with the fact that they both have shimmer in them....... Anywho, I painted my thumb and ring nails with Zoya 'Midori' and the rest with China Glaze 'Gothic Lolita'. Ahh I adore these colours together, too pretty! Oh and 'Gothic Lolita' is much more purple than it appears in the photos, my camera is obviously weirding out on this one!

On my two accent nails, I decided to do stylised flowers. Using a medium dotting tool, I painted 'petals' in 17 'Orange Soda' and Colour Works in a hot pink colour (no name). Then I used a teeny weeny dotting tool and Barry M 'Cyan Blue' to do the flower centres.
On the rest of my nails I just wanted a simple dot design as the accent nails were quite busy. I used a large dotting tool to do rows of dots in 'Orange Soda' and a small dotting tool to place dots in between in 'Cyan Blue'. Using the same dotting tool and the pink polish, I painted dots in the centre of the orange dots. I finished it all off with OPI 'RapiDry' topcoat.


I'm really loving the dot design of this manicure but as for the flower pattern...meh. It's just not working for some reason or maybe it's just me?!

Thanks for reading :)

Kayleigh

Comments

Favourites

The Beauty That Is Striping Tape

Mooning Around In Lace

Inspiration: Sheer Brights