Skip to main content

The Laser Effect

Ahoy There Mateys!!

I'm not quite sure why I'm suddenly speaking like a pirate but lets just go with it ok? :) Anywho! I'm still liking neon colours on my tips even though they're usually associated with summer. I love wearing colours which match the seasons but sometimes I'm drawn to other colours which is pretty much the case today!


I haven't done a tape manicure in a while so I got out all my paraphernalia and got stuck in!! I used a couple of coats of Essie 'Blanc' underneath Orly 'Glowstick' in order to avoid the dreaded patchiness you sometimes get with neons.  I knew that I wanted a couple of different colours to show through on some of the nails in order to add a bit of interest. I used China Glaze 'I'm With The Lifeguard' to block in some parts of my thumb, middle and ring finger nails.

 Before Tape

 I covered every little bit with OPI 'RapiDry' topcoat for a nice even surface. I then set to work placing the tape in various staggered strip patterns. This didn't go quite as well as I'd hoped..... I ended up a rather sticky growling mess I'm afraid. But eventually I got the effect I was aiming for, just with fewer bits of tape (meh). I layered Barry M 'Silver' over the top and quickly removed the tape. Once this was dry, I added another coat of the OPI topcoat. And Ta Daaa the ordeal was over!! Not really, it wasn't that bad.


This is kind of an average piece of nail art for me, I wanted a bit more detail with the tape but hey ho! There's always another time!
I am rather enjoying the mix of neon yellow and silver, it looks really crisp and dare I say elegant?? Who knew that neons could be even slightly sophisticated??!! You learn something new everyday :)

Thanks for reading,

Kayleigh :)

Comments

Favourites

The Beauty That Is Striping Tape

Mooning Around In Lace

Encounters Of The Triangular Kind