Skip to main content

Opposites Attract

Hello. Hello!!

Today's nail art features a bit of a mixed bag: stripes and loose florals! Every now and then I feel the urge to get some juxtaposition going on, wearing dainty lace with a checked, studded shirt or eating chips dipped in chocolate sauce (so very good!!) :)

As a side note, I'm currently changing up the way I photograph my nails so please bear with me while I play around with it and figure the whole thing out! Ha ha!


I began this manicure by painting all my nails with the absolute beauty that is Essie 'Demure Vixen'. Wow, what a stunner. It looks average while in the bottle but once it's on your nails, there are fireworks. Really.


Using my thin striping brush, I painted stripes here and there on each nail using Revlon 'Zealous' and Barry M 'Aqua Glitter'. I changed up the thickness of the stripes to add some interest!


I painted on rough, loosed flowers using Rimmel 'Peppermint' and a small flat brush. You could also use the nail polish brush but I just find a smaller brush easier to work with :) With a small detail brush, I dabbed in the middle of the flowers using 17 'Pink Grapefruit' for a two-tone effect.


I then added small silver rhinestones (part of a Bundle Monster from Amazon) to the centres of each flower using a layer of slow-drying topcoat. Once this was completely dry, I finished my manicure with Champneys 'Base & Top Coat'.

I really like the contrast between the whimsical flowers and the straight stripes! And the colours remind me of Spring which is always a good thing at this time of year :)

Thanks for reading!!

Kayleigh

Comments

Favourites

The Ladybird Factor

Beachcomber

A Pastel Easter