Skip to main content

Miami Heat

A Good Evening To You All!!

Tonight I have another bit of nail art inspired by this inspiration post!! I loved the feel of the colourful palm tree photography and wanted to try a version using the OPI Sheer Tints. Well....it kinda worked :)


I started this manicure with Essie 'Find Me An Oasis' (very pale blue) on most of my nails, with Barry M 'Peach Melba' on my thumb and ring fingers. These two colours looked gorgeous together so I might have to wear this combination again soon!!


Then, with my thinnest striping brush and Essie 'Sable Collar', I painted on the palm trees on all my nails. At this point my linework looked pretty good, just as I imagined! It didn't last.....


On my thumb and ring nails, I painted a coat of OPI 'I'm Never Amberressed' (yellow sheer tint) over 'Peach Melba' to get a nice creamy orange. I then created a gradient with OPI 'Be Magentale With Me' (pink sheer tint).


On my pointer and pinkie nails, I dabbed a bit of OPI 'Be Magentale With Me' and OPI 'Don't Violet Me Down' (purple sheer tint) near the cuticle and down the nail. On my middle nail, I created a gradient with OPI 'I'm Never Amberrassed' and OPI 'I Can Teal You Like Me' (blue sheer tint). Finally, I smoothed it all with Essie 'Good To Go'.


On completing these, I was SO damn happy with them!! But then a couple hours later and a gazillion bubbles had formed, messing up my palm trees and distorting the lines :( So very sad.

Stupid Sheer Tints.

But I'm determined to keep using these- I will conquer them!!

Thanks for reading!!

Kayleigh :)



Comments

Favourites

The Beauty That Is Striping Tape

Mooning Around In Lace

A New Found Friend