Skip to main content

Stellar Snowflake

Evening Everyone!

The manicure I'm about to show you was such a palaver! It was mostly my fault as I'd been way too ambitious with my intended nail art which ended up in an almighty mess on my nails! I had to start over and simplify the design :( Despite this, it came out looking ok!


On my accent nails (index and pinkie), I started with a few coats of Orly 'Peaceful Opposition' (translucent white with silver glitter) followed by a couple of coats of OPI 'Don't Burst My Bubble' (sheer pink toned white) to soften and smooth out the glitter. I then dabbed on random areas of Essie 'Stroke Of Brilliance' (cool toned blue hex glitter).


On the rest of my nails, I used OPI 'Yoga-Ta Get This Blue!' which is an absolutely stunning deep blue nail polish. In different angles of light you can see various tones of blue including bright aqua and bluish purples. Lovely!


I wanted a bit of a visually textured background for my snowflakes so I turned to the dry brush technique! Wiping off most of the nail polish from the brush, I added Butter London 'Branwen's Feather' (dark brown with purple shimmer) and Essie 'Stroke Of Brilliance'.


Using my thinnest striping brush, I painted on some generic snowflakes. Originally, I tried to paint snowflakes as they appear under a microscope....Yeah, way too complicated!
Anyway, I used OPI 'I Have A Herring Problem' (blue toned grey with silver flecks) and China Glaze 'Pelican Gray' (pale grey with slight shimmer). I finished the entire manicure with Essie 'Good To Go'.


Considering how frustrating this manicure was, I kind of like the outcome. Although I wish the background colours showed up better as 'Branwen's Feather' is so very pretty over the indigo! You'll just have to use your imagination :)

Thanks for reading!!

Kayleigh :)

Comments

Favourites

A Pastel Easter

The Ladybird Factor

Beachcomber