Skip to main content

Nestle In

Hello There!

Today, I have my last 'Birds Of A Feather' inspired manicure to show you guys, before I start a new Inspiration series. I decided to paint an abstract interpretation of bird's nests and eggs in a muted, earthy colour palette.


I started by painting my nails with Revlon Parfumerie 'Moonlit Woods' which is a beautiful lilac tinted blue-grey nail polish in a pearlised finish. It also has a sweet, cool scent to it which oddly does remind me of some sort of magical woodland!

Note; 'Moonlit Woods' is not quite as blue/purple in tone as these photos show.


I diluted Essie 'Coat Couture' (matte purple-grey with iridescent shimmer) with Orly Polish Thinner and dabbed the mix onto each nail for some texture. I then painted on the rough shape of each nest using Orly 'Nite Owl' (light taupe with silver glass fleck) and a medium detail brush.


Once that was dry, I added twigs and shaped each nest using the following nail polishes (from light to dark); Essie 'Sand Tropez' (light, cool toned beige), Orly 'Nite Owl', OPI 'Wooden Shoe Like To Know' (chocolate brown with gold shimmer), Essie 'Sable Collar' (dusty, dark brown with red shimmer) and Revlon 'Iconic' (dark grey).

I used a thin striper brush in order to get the right sort of texture and just kept adding/layering these colours until I was happy with the result.


I then used a small detail brush and Zoya 'Zuza' (medium turquoise with silver glass flecks) to paint on the tiny eggs on my ring finger and thumb. I added shape and definition with a touch of Rimmel 'Peppermint' (pastel turquoise creme), before using some diluted OPI 'Wooden Shoe Like To Know' for the egg pattern. I finished it all off with a thick layer of Essie 'Good To Go'.



About halfway through painting these, I was ready to give up and scrap the entire idea; they looked nothing like nests and I didn't know how to fix it. I'm glad I persevered though as once I'd painted in  the eggs, the entire manicure suddenly came together! So there you go :)

Thanks for reading!

Kayleigh :)

Comments

Favourites

A Pastel Easter

The Ladybird Factor

Beachcomber