Skip to main content

Lady Flora

Evening Everyone!

As you may have noticed, it's been a while since I posted any nail art. A couple of weeks ago, I managed to break most of my nails really short and got a rather nasty cut on my thumb :( There was no way I was going to let nail polish remover any where near that hand so I had to take a break from nail art for a bit!

My thumb has finally healed now so I've created a simple manicure influenced by the lovely colour palette from my last Inspiration post;


I started the manicure by painting my accent nails in Zoya 'Vespa' (textured light sage) and the rest of my nails in Butter London 'Lady Muck'. Such a beautiful polish! 'Lady Muck' is a dusty grey toned blue with delicate silver shimmer. I adore it.


Using a combination of dotting tools, I created a gradient of dots from tip to base on my non accent nails. I used a large dotting tool and Zoya 'Zuza' (shimmery teal), Barry M 'Mint Green' (pastel mint) and Barry M 'Bikini' (dusty bluish purple), concentrating most of the dots at the tips.


Then, I used a small dotting tool to add a couple of accent colours in Essie 'Splash Of Grenadine' (radiant orchid) and Barry M 'Key Lime' (lime green).


The overall colour palette was looking a bit too bright so I added in a few more dots of Zoya 'Zuza' and Barry M 'Mint Green' with a medium dotting tool. Finally, I added a layer of Essie 'Good To Go' on the non textured nails.


Although these are quite basic, I enjoyed wearing them :) I can't wait for my nails to grow back; I mean look how ridiculously tiny my pinkie nail is!!

Thanks for reading!

Kayleigh :)

Comments

Favourites

The Beauty That Is Striping Tape

Mooning Around In Lace

Encounters Of The Triangular Kind