Skip to main content

Let Loose

Evening People!!

Tonight's post is going to be a quick one as I'm going on holiday on Monday and I have a massive to-do list! I'm road tripping across America from Las Vegas to San Francisco :) A lot of the journey will be spent in National Park campgrounds so nail art and blogging are going to be minimal for a while!

Anyway, on to some rather colourful nail art;


I started this manicure by painting all of my nails in China Glaze 'Kiss My Glass'. This is such an interesting colour; a dark steel grey with a slightly frosted finish that leans blue or green depending on the light. I can't work it out!


Using a combination of brushes (a striper and a detail brush) and Essie 'Blanc' (opaque white), I painted on some loose, tribalesque patterns which included dots, swirls and dashes.


Once that was dry, I used the detail brush and various bright and neon nail polishes to fill in the white areas of each nail. I started off with China Glaze 'Peonies & Park Ave' (neon pink), China Glaze 'I'm With The Lifeguard' (neon shimmery green) and China Glaze 'Sun-Kissed' (neon shimmery yellow).


Finally, I added China Glaze 'Strike A Rose' (bright coral) and China Glaze 'Highlight Of My Summer' (neon pastel green). I finished the manicure with a thick coat of Essie 'Good To Go' topcoat.


This manicure was hindered from the start by my rather lacking collection of neon nail polish. It definitely could have benefited from the addition of other neon colours such as orange and blue. I'm also not sure about this style of brushwork. While I was going for a loose, carefree look, I'm not sure if I can quite pull it off...

Other than that I think it looks alright?! Ha!

Thanks for reading!

Kayleigh :)

Comments

Favourites

A Pastel Easter

The Ladybird Factor

Beachcomber