Skip to main content

Full Bloom

Hello Everyone!

For today's Spring inspired floral manicure, I decided to take a more whimsical approach, in that it's more about the bright and fresh colour palette rather than actual Spring flowers. Does that make sense?!

I came across the image below while browsing Pinterest and completely fell in love with the colour combination!


The clean background, the fresh and frothy bursts of green with peach and pink accents. All of it just really appealed to me and so I decided to try and capture those elements in a fun, floral manicure! :)


I started this manicure by painting all my nails with Revlon Parfumerie 'Lavender Soap' which is a lilac tinted, pearlescent white. I expected this to be heavy on the brushstrokes but found that a thicker final coat produced a lovely smooth finish. It's just so pretty and delicate!


Once that was completely dry, I started to paint in loose roses using a detail brush and Essie 'Peach Side Babe' (bright peach). Then I painted on the bursts of green here and there using Zoya 'Tracie' (light pistachio with silver shimmer) and Zoya 'Midori' (apple green with gold shimmer).


I then used a striping brush and Barry M 'Kiwi' (bright jade) to paint on some leafy branches and other leaves among the roses. I also painted on a couple of anemones using Barry M 'Bikini' (blue toned lavender) for a bit of contrast.

Once that layer was dry, I added the floral details; touches of Barry M 'Peach Melba' (light peach), Essie 'Blanc' (white) and Revlon Parfumerie 'African Tea Rose' (bright pink with subtle fuchsia shimmer) on the roses and Essie 'Blanc' mixed with Barry M 'Bikini' on the anemones.


To finish off, I added W7 'Mojito' (lime green shimmer) to the bursts of foliage and dots of Barry M 'Cocao' (chocolate brown) to the centres of the anemones.

I felt like there was something missing so I added small dots of China Glaze 'Sun-kissed' (shimmery neon yellow) here and there among the flowers. A last coat of Essie 'Good To Go' and it was done!


I am so happy with these!! I really like how just the addition of those neon yellow dots altered the entire manicure (in a good way!) and made it look so fresh and bright :) Exactly what I wanted!! They actually look even better in person as the lime green is much more obvious than in these photos! Wish I could take photos with my eyes :(

Thanks For Reading!

Kayleigh :)

Comments

Favourites

Mooning Around In Lace

The Beauty That Is Striping Tape

Encounters Of The Triangular Kind